23-11-2011

drunk rock

It's time for another list. No wait, I'll make it a mixtape, because that's cooler, more interesting and gives you something to (not) listen to. It's similar to this one but not the same. Aight?

This one's about albums that inspire me to get really drunk, both in a positive and a negative way. Basically: either they make me want to party and get drunk or they make me want to drink myself to sleep. Either way they're fantastic records.
I'll try to sequence the mix according to a night out. Feel great, have fun, party, drink too much, doubt self, end up lonely, hate stuff, pass out. Something like that.

1. Be My Doppelganger - No Composure (Backpack Beers)
Fun punx, beer punx, encouraging you to do stupid shit and enjoy life. Works for me. No Composure is like a sixpack in CD format.
2. The Leftovers - Eager To Please (Party 'Til We Die)
Although the subject material isn't always partylicious, the whole album screams "dance and drink yourself in a good stupor!" Okay, I will.
3. The Unlovables - Crush, Boyfriend, Heartbreak (Today's The Day (I Finally Kissed You))
This album explains life, but also every year, month and day makes a lot more sense after listening to this album. Get a beer, feel good and in love, get another, feel over the moon, get another few and choke on your tears.4. Dear Landlord - Dream Homes (High Fives)
Dream Homes is made for low lifes who drink budget drinks on Wednesday afternoons. Oh wait, it's made for me. I'll open another one.
5. The Dopamines - Expect The Worst (Cincinnati Harmony)
Are you unsuccesful? Are you a loser? Don't worry, there's always beer! That's one message that this Dopamines record oozes out. It'll make you much more of a loser but at least you'll care less.
5. Banner Pilot - Heart Beats Pacific (Intervention)
Everything this band does is gold. You know what else is gold(-ish)? Beer. I love drinking along to Banner Pilot. I should get to buying some whiskey for such records, but it's pretty expensive and I'm scared I'll get way too fucked up. Hmmmm. Hold on, I'm going to the store.
6. The Priceduifkes - Can't Lose (Start Drinking)
The drummer is a teetotaller so it's pretty obvious he doesn't write the lyrics. The PDS guide you to a life of self-loathing and failure. But there's a message of hope and inspiration as well. Just kidding, go drown your sorrows and watch Star Wars.
7. Team Stray - Popular Mechanics (Forget You)
I'd put this on every mix. Popular Mechanics is the best album for anything. When you're drunk, it's a lot funnier and a lot sadder, so it's a whole lot better.
8. The Ataris - End Is Forever (Bad Case Of Broken Heart)
This album could be a drinking game. Everytime Kris sings "heart" or "love" you drink. Everyone'll be smashed by track 8.
9. The Ergs! - Dorkrockcorkrod (Running, Jumping, Standing Still)
This makes me happy and sad at the same time. Kinda like beer does. Get it?
10. The Tattle Tales - Hearts In Tune (Her New Company)
The perfect summer evening record, but also the perfect autumn and spring record. Not good for winter. Why does this make me want to drink? Both the pop/party sensibility and the scary relevance to my life.
11. Osker - Treatment 5 (Numbskull)
You'll understand this album better when you're drunk. I doubt Devon feels that way, but I do and as soon as I hear those basslines i wanna get a beer and sob how much I suck at bass and how much everyone else sucks at life.
12. A Radio With Guts - Acoustic Series (Ten Shot Farewell)
I could've put Beat Heart Sweet Stereo Here, which has the same effect, but this acoustic session by Brandon Tussey is just so intense. He's the Bukowski of punk rock. AKA the drunk misanthropist/mysogynist of punk rock. I like the dude.
13. Killing The Dream - Fractures (Everything But Everything)
Makes me wanna kill myself, this album. Instead I just get drunk, way less implicative.
14. American Nightmare - Background Music (There's A Hole In The Shadow Of The Pru)
Coming from Boston, there's probably some straight edge dudes in this band. I'm sorry if so, but I like/need to get my head unclear for this album. Fuck.
15. Jawbreaker - Dear You (Basilica)
No comment. Has an unexplainable effect. Get drunk.

Download the mix here: http://www.mediafire.com/?6ff37me18f724d2

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten