08-09-2012

THE SNIPS

Rockcafé shows can get out of hand, man. Sometimes they're just a quiet get together of 2 guys and a horse's head, but sometimes people actually show up and it becomes a party.
Wednesday was a party. I arrived "on time" so basically an hour too soon, and because of other issues I was two hours early. Beers it is! I was destined to go home early that night, as soon as the bands were done playing. Let's recapitulate how that worked out.

It didn't. The first guy on the stage was this guy Jeff, who went by the stage name Divided Heaven. Acoustic folk/punk rock. Y'all know tha deal, innit? Real cool dude, real nice voice, real cool songs. I liked him.

Then, The Snips. Never heard of 'em before. Apparently, they've been a band since 1998 or something. They play punk rock, like, I don't know, early Offspring or maybe The Vandals? Fun, energetic, with a definite 90s vibe but a fresh note to it. I really dug it. Totally forgot to buy a record though.
Cause I decided to interview them. Without any preparation or any knowledge of the band. So the interview was pretty lousy, but hopefully kinda funny so that'll make up for it. Then, all of a sudden I was staying to party. Hanging 'round, drinking beers. Jamming to At The Drive-In and The Weakerthans with the drummer. Being a wingman for the bandmembers, which was, I guess, ultimately to no avail? I'm not sure. I don't think you get blowjobs for playing punk rock. You have to play stuff like All Time Low or Enter Shikari. I bet they get all the blowjobs. ALL OF THEM.
Anyway, it was also a really cool idea to go on this giant fun fair swing that was in front of the bar, after a fair deal of beers. Shit was super fun. Super exciting. Super fun.

SO YEAH GREAT SHOW GREAT AFTERPARTY NEXT TUESDAY IN GHENT GO SEE THEM I LIKE THEM ALSO NICE GUYS AND FROM CANADA EH.

Oh snap I forgot to ask them about poutine! Damn.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten